
Last week I started pruning all our trees and our many many rose bushes. When Dace got home from work he saw my work and we were wondering how many trips it was going to take to the dumps. Then Dace got this bright idea. Lets burn a truck load of shrubs and tree trimmings. We both knew it probably was not allowed where we live but Dace thought it would be okay. It was a beautiful evening with no wind. Dace started the fire and the more we put on it the bigger the fire got. It was never out of control but it was a big big. Dace started spraying the fire down with the hose. When he did that it started producing black smoke. We live on a hillside and so it probably looked like a big fire to the people below us. Pretty soon we heard a lady yelling if we were okay. We answered everything was fine. Pretty soon We started hearing sirens. I was starting to panic. Pretty soon we can see fire trucks and ambulances coming from both the south and north. There was probably about 4 fire trucks and 5 ambulances that ended up at our house. The fire fighters climbed up our hillside and I ran in the house. Dace was really putting out the fire now. We didn't end up getting a ticket which I for sure thought we would. We did learn our lesson. We will make more trips to the dump next time. Here are some of the pics of our event. This fire picture is not the biggest of the night. We were trying to put it out instead of documenting. Oh what a night!
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH... I was a little nervous seeing these pictures along with the title, I calmed down after I read what happened. I'm glad everything turned out ok, chalk it up to a good story!
What a stressful night you had- and so funny! We would try to do the same thing... and the pics below are gorgeous of Gracie- she is getting so big!
Post a Comment